So I finally decided that I was ready to sign up for a gen-u-ine gym membership. While the free gym at my work has a good selection of machines to use, I have been getting bored of the same routine (and some of the same people who have taken a liking to talking to me nonstop, even when I am clearly wearing my headphones). I’ve really been craving to try something new and I know that many gyms offer exercise classes and some even have pools, sports courts, and the like. The closest gym to my house was Gold’s so I stopped on by and they gave me a little tour. I am in love! They have everything I could dream of and more. Free weights, cable weights, and cardio machines as far as the eye can see. Honestly, I was sold once I saw the cardio cinema room, but I kept my cool and just continued with my indifferent head nods and occasional “ooh’s” and “awe’s”. Ok people… it’s a movie theatre full of treadmills and elliptical machines. Nobel peace prize worthy? I think yes. And the classes! They gave me calendars full of different dates and times that they are taught. Kickboxing, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, and tons more. At one point my host guy had to go get some more paperwork for me and I hid behind my wide array of activity pamphlets and giggled uncontrollably. Needless to say, they saw me coming a mile away and I am another sucker to the gym chain franchise. On Monday I get to meet with a personal trainer who will assess me and my fitness level. I felt pretty confident about that until I saw all the waivers I have to sign, including the paper that says “yes, I know my whole body could spontaneously combust at any time during this consultation and it totally isn't the trainer's fault, because I shouldn't have a combustible body in the first place, I am so dumb”. I’ll let you know how that goes. But yes, I am like a kid in a candy store!
And while I’m on the topic of candy… its Halloween! The season where sugar and high fructose corn syrup combine to create delicious confections and treats. And I have not had candy in like, four months? Five months? MANY FREAKIN MONTHS! I am a recovering addict. When big bowls of candy are shoved in my face, I recite the Alcoholics Anonymous serenity prayer: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.” Then I go stick my face in a pie.
WELCOME BACK VANESSA! SHOW THOSE COMMIES WHAT’S UP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love Gold's Gym!!! I can't remember what the prices are these days but back in 2004 I spent $25/month on a two year membership and Ramsey got it for $17/month for a two year. I had no idea you could bargain! I felt ripped. haha. But it was worth it. I really do like the facilities.
ReplyDelete