Sunday, June 7, 2009

5 LBS in 2 Weeks

So I started working out everyday on May 25th and I weighed myself then. Today I weighed myself and I am 5 lbs lighter! Yay for me! My diet has been ok, definitely better than before but I still have a lot to work on. What made the biggest difference was the exercise regime Ramsey has put me on. I've never sweat bullets before. He is tough but it's so good for me. I needed that discipline. The fact that I lost something makes me feel even more motivated to lose more. I wanted to be 20 lbs less by August. If I keep the rate that I am doing, by the end of August, I should meet my goal. I just have to get better with the diet thing.

Yesterday, Layne and I went to a famers market called Sunflower which is very close to my house. Most of the food is locally grown and organic. I don't usually care about organic food too much but these prices are so good. I usually don't buy fruit because it is so expensive but I found this market and I get pretty good prices. Like most stores, they have different sales for fruit and veggies every week, so I just keep track of the particular fruit and veggies that are on sale and that's what I eat. This week they had awesome sales on blueberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches, and some vegetables. I stocked up, and I had fun eating blueberries in my cereal last night. (Yes, I ate cereal at 7 oclock at night.) I got 10 peaches for 77 cents total. I'm definitely going to be eating me some fruit and veggies from now on. This should definitely help with my diet. I can't wait until my fruit trees start blooming. I should be getting plums, apricots, apples, and peaches this summer.

Also, Layne went with me to get vitamins. I'm definitely going to try to get all the vitamins I need because I want the energy and health that I see Layne has. She is such a motivation to me. Before we started playing tennis again, I felt really depressed. All I ever did was work and I was so tired and had no energy, nor motivation to exercise. Now I feel all pumped up with goals and hope. It really does give you a high. It just feels amazing.

I encourage anyone who's reading this that is delaying exercising and just making excuses (like I did) to just give them all up and start today. Just do it and you will feel better. It will be hard at first, but keep at it.

1 comment:

  1. 5 pounds is a lot for two weeks, yea! So proud. I'm going to remember this next time I carry around a 5 pound bag of potatoes :)

    And good news, there is a Sunflower Market in Orem. Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete