Goals. As much as I would also like to look smokin in a bikini, I know that if that were my motivation, I would lose all willpower within 2 seconds of being in the same room (let’s be honest… the same city, state, or even country) as some cholesterol-riddled treat.
Luckily I have found other reasons to keep me in check. First, and probably most importantly, after years of struggle of trying to figure out “what I want to do with my life” I finally realized that I want to be in the emergency medical field. Knowing that I am going to be involved in healthcare, and that I will be encouraging my patients to live healthy lifestyles (the #1 cause of death in the US is still heart disease) I figure I better walk the walk. My long term goal here is to lead a long, healthy life, and the best way to do that is with proper diet and exercise.
My second goal is to prepare myself for a month long, backpacking through Europe trip. I have always wanted to do this. The best advice that I have received in preparing for this trip is to prepare myself for the extreme physical part of the trip. I will have to walk several miles a day with a 30 pound pack strapped to my back. I want to be in good enough shape that I will be able to enjoy all the sights and sounds around me without worrying about how my legs and back are sore.
So there you have them. And so far they have been doing pretty good and keeping me motivated for the past 3 months.
My second goal is to prepare myself for a month long, backpacking through Europe trip. I have always wanted to do this. The best advice that I have received in preparing for this trip is to prepare myself for the extreme physical part of the trip. I will have to walk several miles a day with a 30 pound pack strapped to my back. I want to be in good enough shape that I will be able to enjoy all the sights and sounds around me without worrying about how my legs and back are sore.
So there you have them. And so far they have been doing pretty good and keeping me motivated for the past 3 months. My weekly exercise regime is as follows:
Monday thru Friday – 45 min cardio, 30 min strength training, 15 min stretching
Saturday – 2 ½ to 3 hours tennis with V, 1 to 2 hours golf with D
Sunday – rest! Except for when I take George to the park; then he usually makes me run around with him
As Tony Perkis (played by Ben Stiller) says in Heavyweights .... "Do to it, Lars!"


Cool post! Wow I didn't know you've been saving for that long! That's awesome!
ReplyDelete