Tuesday, July 7, 2009

10 LBS in 6 Weeks

So I have officially lost 10 lbs since May 25th. I feel like this is the longest time I've kept up an exercise routine. Before I went to Russia for 3 1/2 months, I was 152 lbs. I got back and I was 132 lbs. I didn't really feel like I did anything. I know I walked a lot more and I ate grits and such but I didn't feel like I was really trying. This time is different. I'm trying all day. I wake up early to exercise and there are times I really really want to sleep in but I don't let myself. I haven't missed a day except when I was sick. I don't know why I feel so dedicated this time. Exercise routines always last a week or two before I give up. This time it's been 6 weeks and I haven't given up. Even if I hadn't lost 10 lbs, I would still feel good that I started a goal and didn't give up.

But besides exercise I've been very conscious of what I eat. I have been reading all of the food labels before I buy the product. I've been focusing on cutting fat out of my diet. I gave up my favorite 2% milk to 1% and now finally nonfat. This is a huge feat because I love milk so much. Now I'm drinking white water. =( I've cut out butter and salt. I've cut out cheese. I've cut out peanut butter and nuts. I know some of these are healthy fats but right now I get plenty of fat from other foods so for now I am getting rid of all uneccessary foods that are high in fat. I gave up cream cheese-my favorite! I've been eating a lot more fruit. I still haven't been eating enough vegetables but I suppose a lot of potatoes. I need to go to the store and get some raw carrots and bag them for work. I just haven't had time to go the store. I have to remind myself my priorities.

I haven't posted for a couple days- I'll just let you know what's been going on- I've been doing a lot of circuit training and a lot of strength training. Ramsey is making sure I develop my muscles because muscles will burn fat even when I'm not exercising. So even though I don't run a mile a a day, all this strength training will still help burn fat. I do plan on jogging in the mornings soon. I heard that when your heart rate is at 60%, it will take 1/2 hr of jogging to start burning fat. So after that first 1/2 hr you will start burning fat steadily.

1/2 way there to my goal!!!!

2 comments:

  1. you're awesome! but don't eat too many potatos, they have a lot of starch, you can cook lettuce with oyster sauce, it's a healthy dish.

    ReplyDelete